Sunday, July 18, 2021

Landed Gentry Feb/March/April 2021


I can't believe I haven't posted since February! I have so much to share. I'll pick up where I left off... 

So, the first two weeks of February we didn't do a whole lot. The first week we quarantined prior to Matthews surgery, and the second week he was recovering and I was taking care of him. Once I got back to work, I was trying to maintain the road by snowblowing. One week I got the truck stuck in the ditch at the end of a long, cold day and Matthew had to come rescue me. The next day I got the tractor stuck in the ditch and he was able to get it back out. One thing we realized, we didn't put the footings on the snowblower back up once there was a nice layer of snow on the road. The result was every time it snowed we were leaving an inch or so layer of additional snow on the road. It make for some iffy conditions. To get the truck out we just used the winch on the front. For the tractor... it took him about 10 minutes of messing around going back and forth, digging the snow, to finally work it out. 



By mid March the trees we cut at the build site were done and Bill, our general contractor, dragged them off to the lower field. He cleared the stumps as well so that toward the end of March we were siting the location of the house. 


That was pretty much it for March, we spent time playing in the snow as well. Oh, and at the end of the month we realized the culvert we replaced with two was no longer working. We would have to replace it because the dirt between the two culverts had washed out!

hubbard park

trail in Worcester (forget the name)

Near the edge of our land, there's a swamp. Saw a lot of moose sign out there!


In April after we got back from VA, Bill had started digging the foundation. 



We bought a new land plane to work on the road, make it flat and pretty. It has been extremely useful! 



We also bought a generator, we were told by Unity we would need it for the build.



That's about it for April.. based on my photos anyway! Not much to report because I can't remember that month very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment